At Campbell Floats we provide you with a 3 Year Structural Warranty on the steel frame and chassis of your horse float. We also provide you with a 2 Year Warranty on our axles. All other items on our float are covered by a 1 Year Comprehensive Warranty as set out in the terms and conditions below:
ALL Warranty claims must be made in writing within 7 days of a potential fault being discovered.
- This warranty excludes components such as Tyres, bearings, rubber floor, padded dividers and any other items which are deemed to be normal wear and tear items.
- For items purchased locally to go into your horse float these items are covered by the original manufacturer’s warranty as set out in their guidelines.
- To ensure that our warranty conditions are being met please ensure you read and follow the guidelines in our Float Maintenance sheet which has been supplied with your new float. Failure to follow the guidelines on this sheet may result in warranty claims being denied.
- Warranty will be void if the initial 1,500km / 6 month mandatory preventative service is not carried out by a qualified mechanic and a receipt must be kept to confirm such a service was performed.
- During normal use movement can occur and water leaks may appear in the float. It the responsibility of the float owner to regularly check for leaks which must be rectified with 7 days. Any damage occurring paintwork or frame due to water leaks not being attended to is specifically excluded from our warranty.
- This warranty is valid from the initial date of sale providing that the horse float has only been used for its intended purpose and all manufactures operation limits and guidelines have been observed. Any repairs to the horse float must be authorised by Campbell Floats via written approval. Failure to do so may result in warranty claims being denied.
- Campbell Floats reserves the right to inspect all warranty claims, and it will be the customers responsibility to deliver the Horse float to either Campbell Floats or an approved repairers premises for inspection and repairs if needed.
- Warranty will be void if proper maintenance and upkeep of the Horse float is not kept to a proper standard.*
- This warranty is void in the event of commercial use of a Campbell Float including commercial hire, using the float for purposes other than the transport of a horse and rent, unauthorised modifications to the horse float, overloading, improper use of the horse float and failure to observe operation limits and guidelines.
- The steel used in a Campbell Floats Chassis is hot dipped galvanised. Galvanising helps to stop the process of rust forming, however it does not prevent rust in certain situations. If chemicals, acids or salt water gets on the float then it should be washed off immediately. Also any scratches and stone chips that can penetrate the galvanising should be treated and painted immediately to help prevent rust forming.
- The 5 year frame and chassis warranty does not cover rust forming in the horse float and does not cover general wear and tear of the horse float. This includes horses chewing, scratching, pawing or kicking to the horse float and the use of any feed buckets and hay nets in or attached to the horse float.
- Campbell Floats reserves the right to make changes to floats currently in production and assumes no obligation to apply these changes to previous models produced.
- This warranty supersedes all other expressed or implied warranties. No person is authorised to give or make changes to this warranty on behalf of Campbell Floats. Nor are they to assume Campbell Floats have any other liability in connection with any of its products unless made in writing and signed by the proprietor of Campbell Floats.
- Campbell Floats accept no liability for loss or damage directly or indirectly arising from the use of the Horse float in a manner other than recommended by Campbell Floats and Trailers. Nor does Campbell Floats accept no consequential liabilities or damages arising from the use of the horse float separately or in combination with any other equipment or materials.
*warranty is not transferable.
2 Year Warranty on Axles
Campbell Floats warrants to the original purchaser of the trailer that its axles shall be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of 2 years from the original purchase date of the trailer. This warranty covers the axles only and not associated components such as brakes, brake drums, bearings suspension etc.
In the event of a warranty claim:
Campbell Floats at its option will repair/replace the affected components of any defective axle. Or repair/replace the entire defective axle. In all cases a reasonable time period must be allowed for warranty repairs to be completed. Allowance for installation costs is only covered for the first 12 months or if approved by Campbell Floats outside this period.
In order to make a claim under this warranty:
- You must be the original purchaser of the trailer.
- You must promptly notify Campbell Floats in writing within 7 days providing full details of the vault and the VIN number of your trailer.
- The axles, suspension and components must have been maintained in accordance with good industry practice and as per our separate Float maintenance guidelines.
- The connection of brake wiring to the trailer wiring or trailer wiring to the towing vehicle wiring
- The attachment of running gear to the frame
- Parts not supplied by Campbell Floats
- Any damage whatsoever caused by or related to any alteration of the axle including welding supplemental brackets to the axle.
- Normal wear and tear
- Unreasonable use including failure to provide reasonable and necessary maintenance.
- Cosmetic finish or corrosion
- If Campbell Floats cannot establish any fault in the Product after testing and inspection;
- The defect in the Product has arisen due to the customer’s failure to properly use and maintain the Product in accordance with Campbell Floats instructions, recommendations and specifications (including maintenance)
- The defect has arisen due to abuse, misuse, neglect or an accident.
This warranty supersedes all other expressed or implied warranties. No person is authorised to give or make changes to this warranty on behalf of Campbell Floats. Nor are they to assume Campbell Floats have any other liability in connection with any of its products unless made in writing and signed by the proprietor of Campbell Floats.
Campbell Floats accept no liability for loss or damage directly or indirectly arising from the use of the Horse float in a manner other than recommended by Campbell Floats and Trailers. Nor does Campbell Floats accept no consequential liabilities or damages arising from the use of the horse float separately or in combination with any other equipment or materials.